Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nemo Opening Day at Disneyland





















All of us in line for NEMO ride!
Well, I can now say that I have been to Disneyland on an Opening Day of a ride. I can also say that I AM INSANE TO HAVE DONE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, it started out about three months (or more) before the ride was to open...that is we planned this well in advanced.

The group was a nice size...let's see who went? Grant, Grandma, Aunt Kris, Aunt Diney, Lisa, Courtni, Jennifer, Jessica, and me. We had a blast. We got in line at Disneyland around 7:00 am and they open the doors around 8ish. Well, then we ran (no lie, we ran...like all the other crazies) to the Nemo line and proceeded to wait for another 4 1/2 hours. Yes, we finally got on the ride around 12:30 pm. Okay, many of you are freaking out right now with good reason. But, let me explain. We were allowed to have people save places in the line for each other until around 11 am. So, we had a group of what? NINE...so, some group of us was constantly leaving and taking Grant on some ride. Plus, it is Disneyland where the average ride line can run from 1 hour to 2 1/2 hours (depending on the ride and time of year you go).

Okay, was the ride worth it? I say yes. Why? How can any ride justify a 5 1/2 hour wait? Well, I am old-fashioned and I just enjoyed the time I spent in line with the fam. I brought flash cards to play with Grant and well, since he wasn't in line long enough to play, we did an adult version. OMG, it was too much fun. If you haven't had the honor of being around Aunt Diney...she is a crack up and the "Adult Flash Card" game was just the right game. Hey, even other people in line joined in. It made the time fly by...well, it still felt like a bit of a wait. It is kind of like labor...you forgot about it after it is over and you've accomplished your goal.

The ride itself is the old submarine ride (whatever that means...I never went on the "old submarine" ride). Everyone I was with said they painted the submarines a different color and added animation to the interior of the ride. So, I liked it...I haven't ridden on it since because the lines have not died down. Enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You were brave to go with a toddler - I mean preschooler! I didn't dare take the kids but Ryan went and waited for 3 1/2 hours. There's now way Matthew would have lasted! I am just waiting for the crowds to die down so I can go.
K